Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

Wednesday I went to Burlington again, because I had an appointment with my mother's OB/GYN to check out a pain I've been having off and on for the past three years (yes, I know I'm naughty for not having it checked out sooner. I've been broke with no insurance.) It went pretty okay, I gave her as much history as I could and tried to describe the pain, which was entertaining.

Then the exam. I forgot how much a pap smear hurts. Okay, not really a hurt, more a stinging pain. Not really fun. Then she palpated me, and after a minute or two of feeling around in there (which didn't really hurt at the time, but I'm still feeling it almost a week later) she decided to schedule an ultrasound, just to make sure of what's going on in there.

So, the soonest they could schedule the appointment was this Thursday. Luckily, I'm planning on being in town anyway for another meeting in Kenosha (last one -sad-) so it's so far working out. I may even go see Iron Man 2 in a midnight showing, if I'm lucky! Then the doc wants to see me within a week of the ultrasound so she can go over the results with me. That's going to be interesting, as I'm going to be at ACen from Thursday until Sunday at least. If I make the appointment for Monday or Tuesday, I might as well just stay at Mom's for a while. Yay.

Anyway, whatever I had that was making me sick seems to have passed. I'm still not interested in food, but I do have a little bit of an appetite now.

Weight the morning was 181.8 Yay me!


No comments: